Product Description: BodyBoss 2.0 is a total workout system that replaces traditional workout equipment, potentially saving you thousands of dollars while adding portability and versatility.
- Portability - 90%90%
- Durability - 80%80%
- Affordability - 85%85%
- Functionality - 90%90%
If you’re looking for an affordable portable gym that you can assemble anytime, anywhere, the BodyBoss 2.0 is hard to beat. It’s compact, portable, and equipped with everything that you need for a workout.
- Lightweight, compact, and portable
- You can perform over 300 different exercises
- Affordable for the quality
- Bar may not be strong enough to perform heavy lifts
- Quality of the bands could be better
- Only two resistance bands included
The BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 is one of the best-selling compact home gyms on the market but its not for everyone.
In this review, we are going to discuss its portability, durability, and functionality so that you can decide if it is the best compact home gym for you.
Let’s get started!
- What is the Bodyboss 2.0?
- Features of The BodyBoss 2.0
- How to Use the BodyBoss 2.0
- Is the BodyBoss 2.0 Right For You?
- What makes the BodyBoss 2.0 Stand Out
- BodyBoss 2.0 Success Stories
What is the Bodyboss 2.0?
The BodyBoss 2.0 is a home workout system that utilizes resistance bands to provide tension. It is a highly portable, versatile, compact, and inexpensive piece of home gym equipment.
According to their website they have sold over 125,000 globally.
Features of The BodyBoss 2.0
- Instruction Manual along with visual aids
- Durable carrying bag
- Fold Up VectorFit Base
- Collapsible workout bar
- Door anchor with a ring
- Two handles
- Two wrist/ankle straps
- Two custom cloth resistance bands
The 7 pieces of equipment that have a combined weight of 15 pounds.
Exercises You Can Perform
The company boasts that you can perform over 300 exercises.
But the most notable are: Upright Row (for the shoulders and traps), Rear Delt Fly ( for the upper body and chest), Single Leg Deadlift (for the Lats and Lower back), Squats (Quads and Calves), Ab Twist (Abs & Core), and Triceps Extensions (for your arms). So yes, you can give your whole body a workout!
Two custom resistance bands provide up to 30 pounds of resistance.
You can attach the resistance bands to the platform and handle(s), the collapsible workout bar, or the ankle straps and perform hundreds of exercises. Want to increase the resistance? You can do so by shortening the bands.
The bands are 30” long and equipped with clips at both ends. You can easily attach them to the base as well as all the attachments.
The base provides you with a convenient platform to stand on and attach the bands to. So, you don’t have to stand on the bands to perform exercises like squats and overhead presses.
You can change the resistance either by shortening the bands or by increasing the number of bands. You can add up to 5 bands per side, which are more than enough resistance for most people anyway!
The dimensions of the base are 19.75 x 34 x1 inches when flat. It is room enough to perform any exercise you want.
The base folds compactly and allows for easy portability. Moreover, the non-slip bottom helps to keep it in place while you work out. It prevents you from slipping, and additionally, it is padded to give you comfort during your workout sessions.
The BodyBoss 2.0 comes with several attachments to perform the various exercises, including two padded handles, two padded wrist and ankle straps, a workout bar, and a door anchor. It is pretty much everything you need to get your portable home gym up and running.
The best part is the collapsible bar. With the base and the bar, you can do squats, which is excellent.
The padded grips are a nice touch. It provides the ultimate comfort. You can treat the padding on the bar as a barbell and do exercises that you would generally do with a barbell.
We love that the door anchor is included because it eliminates the need to use the base for each exercise. You can perform various high/low pulley-style exercises with it.
With the ankle and wrist straps, you can do a ton of exercises that otherwise you may not be able to do.
The band clips keep the band-oriented in the perfect direction as you move around during your routine. It will ensure that the bands don’t clump up when you are bending, twisting, or moving around!
The carry case that comes with the package helps to store all the attachments together.
If you want some help with your routine, the instruction manual and the live/pre-recorded videos on the site will come in handy.
How to Use the BodyBoss 2.0
Check out the company’s video on what you will recieve.
Is the BodyBoss 2.0 Right For You?
Pros of the BodyBoss 2.0
- It is an inexpensive option, allowing you to save thousands of dollars on a gym membership.
- It is lightweight (around 17 pounds), compact and portable. So, you can use it anywhere, whether that’s your home, office, or during traveling.
- You can perform over 300 different exercises with it, be it squats, lunges, deadlifts, boxing, Ab crunches, rows, mountain climbers, toe touches, and so much more.
- You can make the exercises as straightforward or as complicated as you want. This customization is a great feature to have, so whether you are a newbie or into hardcore intense physical training, there is something for everyone!
- It will help you to achieve your fitness goals from the comfort of your home.
- It is a convenient, fun, and safe portable gym.
- You can mix it up and perform a different exercise each day of the week!
- Not just outside, but even within your home, you don’t need a dedicated place to do your workouts. Using Bodyboss Home Gym, you can do squats, shoulder presses, lunges, or whatever you want while watching T.V. or you are waiting for the food to be done in the kitchen.
Cons of the BodyBoss 2.0
- The bar may not be strong enough to perform a few exercises like squats, bench press, or deadlift.
- The quality of the bands could be better as they tend to snap.
- Only two resistance bands are included. If you want more for your workout routine, you have to pay an additional cost.
What makes the BodyBoss 2.0 Stand Out
Being the best-selling resistance band-based portable home gym on Amazon is no mean feat. Bodyboss is the boss when it comes to a portable home gym!
Bodyboss 2.0 is different because it is equipped with a base that the bands can connect to. The handles, along with the collapsible bars, allow you to perform dumble-style moves. A big fan of cardio? Well, you can do that too!
This combination of a unique base and the padded bar makes it stand out and sets it out and apart from other portable gyms in the market.
Unique base + padded bar + handle = a complete gym for whole body workout.
Another distinct advantage of Bodyposs is that they strive to make fitness convenient, affordable, and viable for everyone, not just the fitness conscious folk.
You can perform over 300 different moves. That’s rather impressive! Not only that, the exercise variety is unmatched by other home gyms. But if they do, they are not portable! And therein lies its greatness!
BodyBoss 2.0 Success Stories
For most users of Bodyboss, this turned out to be a great buy! It helped them achieve all of their fitness goals. These are people who wanted to but couldn’t work out regularly. It is either because they were always constantly traveling or a gym was too far from their place or lacked the space for a huge home gym.
Here’s what a few of them had to say:
“It Works as Advertised.”
“Very Versalite…I had my first full-body workout with it yesterday and it was surprisingly effective”
“Can’t beat it for strength training at home.”
“An excellent all-in-one home gym.”
“Exceptional Quality & Design for Endless Workout Options!”
“One Weeks Use, & Seeing Positive Results: In April 2020, I had a heart attack that left me with 4 stents in the heart arteries. Usually I work out with a Pull-up bar on my doorframe, and pushups on the floor. That limits the muscles I need to work, to recover my pre-heart attack fitness level. With just a week’s use of the Body Boss, I am seeing, and most importantly, FEELING. Breathing is not as strenuous as before. I can walk 2 miles without being winded, and jog in short sprints around the block much easier than before I started working with the Body Boss.”
“A great go-anywhere gym that is.”
“Great for disabilities.”
If you have space constraints, travel frequently, or are constrained by a lack of gym availability, there is nothing like Bodyboss Home Gym 2.0.
Whatever exercise you can think of, you can do it with this home gym. Overall, the quality of the materials is impressive and does a great job. The price is affordable too.
In terms of portability, it is a great option. You can just throw it in your car and take it along with you if you are traveling and get some workout done even if you are on a vacay!
The exclusive base is great and provides a comfortable and convenient platform to workout on. You can add bands to them to increase resistance.
What is lacks in resistance bands (only 2) it makes up in the attachments included. It is a fun and wonderful way to achieve whatever fitness goals you set out to achieve from the comfort of your home!