Max weight: 250 lbs.
Best for Larger People
Max weight: 380 lbs.
Max weight: 300 lbs.
Best for Families
Max weight: 330 lbs.
Max weight: 330 lbs.
Every home gym needs a power tower due to their versatility and ability to give you a full-body workout
However, with so many models on the market, it’s hard to know what’s the best power tower for you. Fear not, we have done the research, read the reviews, and asked the experts to narrow down all the options to the best 5.
Let’s get started!
Best Power Tower For Your Home Gym – Reviews For 2020
Best Overall Power Tower: Body Champ VKR1010 Power Tower
The Body Champ VKR1010 is a four-station power tower. It includes a knee raise station, a pull-up bar, pushes up bars, and a dip-station.
With it, you can work your legs, knees, chest, shoulders, arms, back, and more. You can even use it to enhance core and upper body strength. Whether you want abs, a wider chest, stronger thighs, or arms, this is the power tower for you.
- Dimensions: 55” x 41” x 83”
- Weight: 64 lbs.
- Sturdy steel construction
- Maximum weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Multifunctional 4 station fitness tool
- Built-in push-up bars
- VKR station for knees and abdominal muscle workouts
- You can use the Body Champ Power Tower to perform full-body exercises using your own weight as resistance.
- You can also use the different sections for targeted exercise to tone different body parts and get into shape.
- It features an H-shaped base and two-arched stability bars for added stability, making it safe to use by people on the higher end of the weight capacity.
- The power tower features thick box-style cushions on the arms and the back, making it extremely comfortable to use. The cushions are steam stitched cushions ensuring long-lasting use
- All the handles feature non-slip grips for additional safety and ease of use.
- The Body Champ VKR1010 is not weatherproof, so you will have to use it in an indoor gym.
- You will have to assemble the equipment yourself, which can be tricky for many users.
- The maximum weight capacity is 250 lbs. which is substantially lower than most other power towers.
- The Body Champ VKR1010 features protective feet covers that protect your floor from damage. You don’t have to worry about skid marks with the Body Champ Power Tower.
- It features a built-in dip station, vertical knee raise station, pull-up bar, and push-up bar.
- The base includes additional steps making it easier to reach the pull-up bars for people with smaller heights.
The 4 stations provide multifunctionality allowing you to add versatility to your workouts. Whether you want to do push-ups, chin-ups, pull-ups, dips, knee or leg raises, crunches, or core stability exercises, you can do it all on the Body Champ Power Tower.
It is ideal for both beginner and advanced workouts. Whether you are an amateur just starting out your fitness journey or are a professional trainer, this is the machine for you. It is compact enough to fit into a small room. It features an ergonomic design with an H-shaped base and two arched stability bars, ensuring optimal weight distribution across the power tower.
You can purchase it for commercial use or for your home gym, and it will not disappoint. With it, you will have more than enough workout options to get a full-body workout or opt for targeted exercises to tone only specific parts of the body.
If you are looking for the best value for money, then this is the power tower for you. Its sturdy construction and multifunctionality make it an ideal starting out investment for beginners as it will last longer and see them through their journey to becoming fitness experts.
Best Power Tower for Larger People: MaxKare Power Tower
The MaxKare Power Tower is designed for bigger users, in terms of quality and functionality. The power tower also includes a pull-up and chin-up bar as well as a leg and knee raise station.
It features and durable heavy-duty steel frame with two outward arched base bars. The outward arch ensures stability and security for the user. You can use it to build abs, stronger arm muscles, chest, shoulders, etc.
- Dimensions: 54.7” x 37” x 85.8”
- Weight: 68 lbs.
- Maximum weight Capacity – 330 lbs.
- A built-in pull-up or chin-up bar.
- Features a leg and knee raise station.
- Heavy-duty steel frame
- Though the maximum weight limit is 330 lbs., the tower can bear up to 380 lbs. of weight before toppling over.
- The multifunctionality it provides makes it ideal for those looking for one piece of equipment for a full-body workout.
- Thick cushions on the arms and the back enhance the comfort factor for the user. The back cushion is tilted as well for posture corrections.
- The power tower comes with a two-year warranty for the mainframe and a lifetime warranty for all accessories.
- The handles on the pull-up bars are placed very wide apart, making them difficult to use and reach for those with a petite frame.
- The MaxKare Power Tower is quite tall and does not feature any steps to make it easier to reach the pull-up bars for those with smaller height and stature.
- The base does not have a stabilizing bar in the middle, so the tower does wobble when a person weighing around 330 lbs or more uses it.
- The power tower is electronically welded together, which makes it stronger than those welded by hand.
- The backrest features a tilted design that allows you to correct your posture when doing leg and knee raises, or targeted crunches, etc.
- The handles are sweat absorbent making them safer and more comfortable to use.
Are you looking for extra security for your investment? Then the MaxKare Power Tower is the one for you. It comes with a two-year warranty for the frame and a lifetime warranty for all accessories. You probably won’t need to use it as the frame is electronically soldered to perfection, so you don’t have to worry about its structural integrity deteriorating overtime.
The MaxKare is particularly ideal for beginners as the back cushions are tilted, ensuring the user is mindful of their posture. This is a power tower that will see you grow on your fitness journey and prove incredibly useful even after you become an expert.
However, it is important to note that the handlebars are all placed very wide apart to fit larger frames. Those with a petit structure may struggle using the power tower as it is also quite tall. If you have a wide frame and are hoping to tone it or bulk up and get chiseled muscles, this is the power tower for you.
Best Budget Power Tower: Weider Power Tower
The Weider Power Tower comes with a 90-day warranty for parts and labor, so if you don’t want to install it, you don’t really have to. You can get an expert technician to install it for you so you can use it stress-free knowing that your power tower can hold your weight as you work out.
We suggest you do avail of the labor warranty because the Weider Power Tower is the heaviest one out of all in our buying guide. You could hurt yourself while trying to assemble it, or may not be able to assemble it properly, which can be a safety hazard.
The power tower has a flexible pull up bar. You can perform pull-ups or chin-ups using the handles at the end of the bar that runs in the middle, or you can use the bar itself, making it ideal for multiple users with varying statures. With it, you can work your back muscles, biceps, and even your forearms.
- Dimensions – 57” x 31” x 84”
- Weight – 86 pounds
- Maximum Weight capacity – 300lbs.
- Sturdy steel frame with an H-shaped base.
- Multifunctional power tower with a versatile pull-up and a chin-up bar.
- Cushioned back and arm-rests for the leg and knee raise station.
- You can strengthen the core, train your abs, build stronger biceps, and enhance overall body strength using the Weider Power Tower.
- The leg and knee raise station feature extra thick foam coated vinyl cushioning on the arms and the back for optimal comfort.
- It provides total upper body training allowing you to isolate and target muscles for the best burn.
- The H-shaped base and the heavy-duty steel frame ensure optimal security and stability for users of up to 300 lbs.
- The Weider power tower is substantially heavier than others, making transportation or shifting it substantially challenging.
- It is a unisex model that is ideal for both men and women. The versatile pull-up bar is to ensure everyone can use it effortlessly.
- The l-shaped push-up bars make them easier to use and enhance the comfort feature.
- The ergonomic design ensures optimal stability for the user.
- It features non-slip grip handles, making it secure to use for all users.
If you are looking for something functional at a low price, the Weider Power Tower is the one for you. It doesn’t cost as much as the other options mentioned in this guide but offers the same level of functionality, making it a worthwhile investment.
It is the best home power tower for those who work out occasionally and aren’t looking for something professional. It can hole up a decent amount of weight, and because it weighs quite a bit, it is pretty stable and secure to use as well. It offers the best value for money and will last you quite a long time.
Best for Families: RELIFE Rebuild Your Life Power Tower
Our second alternative option is one by RELIFE Rebuild Your Life. It is more than just a normal power tower as it includes a lot of features that allow you to optimize your training regime according to your needs. It also includes safety-enhancing features such as a safety nut.
The multifunction device is perfect for trainers of all stages and is a one-time investment that will see you through your fitness journey. You can upgrade your workout routines, make them a little longer, or upgrade it to an even more intense workout with targeted abdominal exercises. You also get a one year warranty on the mainframe and a lifetime warranty on all accessories.
- Dimensions – 58.5” -89” x 35.4” x 26.4”
- Weight – 63.9 lbs.
- Maximum Weight Capacity – 330 lbs.
- Multifunctional with 4 stations.
- Sturdy steel construction.
- Padded backrests and arms for the leg and knee raise section.
- Suitable for fitness, strength, and muscle building workouts.
- The ergonomic design offers versatility with its dip and pull-up bar that works multiple muscles.
- You can adjust the height of the power tower by 9 levels and set it between 58.5″ to 89″ depending upon your height and use.
- The backrest is also adjustable by four levels allowing you to angle it in different positions to increase or decrease the intensity of the workout and target certain core muscles.
- You can also adjust the handles by three levels to make them wider or narrower as per your convenience.
- The power tower features a leg press that is adjustable by 2 levels. You can give your legs a break in between workouts, and with its two-level height adjustability feature, you can optimize it for your height.
- The power tower by relief rebuild your life may be a little too advanced for beginners.
- It is tricky to assemble as it has multiple height adjustable components.
- The backrest is adjustable by 4 levels.
- You can increase the height from 58.5″ to 89″ with a total of 9 intervals.
- 3-level handle adjustment
- 2- level leg press adjustment
- The suctions cups and safety nut provide additional security and stability when in use.
If you have long term fitness training goals, then the Relife Rebuild Your Life Power Tower is perfect for you. Its 9 level height adjustability makes it the best fitness power tower for a large family. This is the only equipment you will need for males, females, and children in the house.
You can also adjust the length of the handles to suit petite frames and adjust the leg press height for smaller children to make it safer for them to use. The adjustable backrest makes it ideal for those who want to target certain abdominal muscles or are training their core to get the six-pack abs.
The suctions cups at the base and the safety bolts and nuts make it ideal for families that have children or young adults just starting out on their fitness journey. The sturdy steel frame is incredibly durable, and the tower can easily hold up to 330lbs of weight without swaying or wobbling.
What makes it even better is that it is priced very reasonably. You only end up paying slightly more than you would for the Weider Power Tower, but you get a substantial upgrade that will make any fitness enthusiast envious.
Most Versatile: K King Kang Power Tower
If you’re looking for something easy to use with a stable base, ergonomic design, and multifunctionality, then the K King Kang Power Tower is the one for you. What sets the K King Kang Power tower apart is the additional bench press option. You can really focus on bulking up through weight lifting and strength exercises.
The K King Kang also features a few upgrades such as the additional horizontal bar on the U-shaped base, adding unparalleled safety and stability to the overall fitness equipment.
- Dimensions – 64.9”-92.5” x 51.2” x 34”
- Weight – 61 lbs.
- Weight Capacity – 330 lbs.
- Multifunctionality with 4 stations.
- Sturdy steel construction.
- Padded back and arm rest.
- The power tower features a double tier dumbbell rack that makes it ideal for those with an intense workout regime involving weight lifting.
- The arm and backrests are padded with heavy-duty cushioning and covers for durability.
- You can add versatility to your workout with the 4 stations, including the vertical knee raise station.
- The base features suction tips for added stability so you can lift weights or do bodyweight exercises without worrying about the tower tipping over.
- The power tower features a step bar that allows the user to rest their legs during intense workouts.
- You cannot adjust the handles for the pull-up bar, which are placed 24 inches apart.
- The power tower is also quite tall, making it un-ideal for people with smaller height.
- Height adjustable at six positions from 64.9″ to 92.5.”
- Round tubed grab bars with non-slip grips to ensure ease of use and optimal comfort.
If you are looking for a more versatile power tower, then the K King Kang one might be perfect for you. Its dual dumbbell bar gives you the option to create an intense workout regime and incorporate weight lifting.
The power tower is also height-adjustable, allowing you to increase the height to up to 92.5″, making it one of the tallest power towers on our guide. It is perfect for really tall individuals who want to work and train a multitude of muscles.
The double stability bar and the suction cups on the base make it the best power tower for calisthenics. It can bear up to 330lbs of weight, allowing you to use it as the supporting pole while you train your core to hold your body weight at different positions.
Power Tower FAQ
Why Is It Called Power Tower?
A power tower is not only known as the power tower. Other words for the equipment include the ‘captain’s chair’ and the knee raise station. However, the power tower is the most common name for the equipment.
The equipment is ideal for those looking for bodyweight workouts. It helps build strength in the upper body and abdominal muscles with a combination of powerful exercises, which is where the term power comes from. Because it is vertical by design, it looks like a towering piece of equipment, which is why it is called a tower.
Basically, the name combines the physical appearance and the most salient use of the equipment. They are essentially the best pieces of equipment for full-body fitness training. It is the only equipment you to target and train most of the problem areas, such as arm flab, abs, and thighs.
What Is a Power Tower Used for?
A power tower is a multifunctional equipment that you can use to train multiple areas of the body. All power towers in our guide have four stations.
The vertical knee raise station builds core strength and works the abdominal muscles. It specifically works the rectus abdominus muscle as you suspend your body by placing the weight on your arms and lifting your knees or legs up vertically in a controlled motion. Make sure you keep your range of motion very limited to get the most out of the workout.
The power tower also features pull-up handles and a chin-up bar. Through it, you work your shoulders, your back muscles, your forearms, and arm muscles. It helps build biceps and triceps as well as increases the chest and shoulder width if done right and regularly. Chin-ups, in particular, help increase the strength and definition of your arm muscles.
Lastly, the dip station is the fourth station on almost all power towers. You can use it to do push-ups, hips dips, or other exercises that target abs, backs, chests, and arms. The dip station, like others, involves using bodyweight to work your muscles.
The best fitness power tower will also include the dumbbell bars to add a bit of weight lifting to the workout, which can help you create an intense workout routine. The power tower is the only gym equipment you need to get started on your fitness journey.
Are Power Towers Good for Abs?
Yes! Power towers are really good for abs as it involves using a lot of core strength to get the ideal workout. The knee raise station, in particular, helps you target your core and give it the workout you need to get those abs.
The dip station helps add variety to your ab workout. You can incorporate plank workouts, push-ups, and hip dips using the dip section and more to give your abs an even intense burn. It is the only equipment you need to get a firm and well defined abdominal muscles.
There are many who argue that it only really works the rectus abdominus. However, you can include a variety of exercises to target the complete abdominal area for a full burn and ab-workout.
Are Power Towers Good for Calisthenics?
If you are just starting out in calisthenics, then a power tower can do wonders for you. It is a stable piece of equipment that you can use to learn the ropes. In fact, you can combine calisthenics in your workout regime.
The knee raise station, in particular, can help your train your core to hold your body weight, and that is a great starting place for those interested in calisthenics. They can then eventually start with more advanced exercises and positions using the frame of the power tower.
The base and the design of the power tower ensure optimal stability for as long as the user’s weight is within the maximum weight capacity range of the equipment.
If you want to use the power tower for calisthenics, then make sure you find one that is well-built and has a really high maximum weight capacity so that you can use it for a substantial amount of time. Pay extra attention to the base design to ensure the one you choose is built for optimal stability.
Our winner is the Body Champ VKR 1010 power tower. If you are looking for value for money, that is the power tower you should be purchasing.
It’s simple and easy to assemble and use design makes it ideal for beginners. That is not to say that fitness experts should look elsewhere. In fact, experts understand the power tower better and know how to use the equipment to their advantage.
Our runner up, the MaxKare Power Tower, also offers the same level of functionality. It is the runner up purely because of its built. It is ideal for fitness experts and muscular individuals but not so much for those with a petite frame who have just started their fitness journey. It may be a good upgrade for those who are now too bulky to comfortable use their previous power tower, but it is not ideal as a first time purchase.
From our alternatives, you can choose the Relife Rebuild Your Life power tower if you are looking for an advanced equipment set such as that you would normally find in your gym. It features an adjustable height, adjustable backrest, adjustable leg press, and adjustable handle. It is ideal for fitness-conscious families as it allows every user to personalize it to suit their height.
The other two alternatives are also excellent options, with the K King Kang also offering height adjustability as well as two dumbbell bars. Those with advanced fitness routines might enjoy the added workout flexibility that K King Kang offers.
Your choice will depend on your fitness requirements as well as your level of expertise, budget, and long term goals. You could be looking for something temporary till the COVID19 threat blows over, or you could be hoping to create a permanent home gym.
You can browse through our list of best power for your home gym, read through the benefits, drawbacks, and make a decision. You can also refer to our buying advice to identify which power tower is ideal for your needs.